Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Geese in the Corners

Yesterday, as though Robert McCloskey's picture book, "Make Way for Ducklings", had come to life, traffic stalled. Two adult geese and five little goslings toddled across the road and went merrily on their way toward home.

I like living in a world where we still pause life long enough to be delighted by the surprises God tucks into the corners of every day. This morning I took a walk, hoping for sunshine to meet me on my way. I usually see geese on the pond or in the yards and they often make me laugh. I didn't get far before the heavy rain returned and I splashed through puddles all the way back home.

Standing at my window, sipping coffee, I watched geese standing still as the rain showers pelted down on them like blessings from Heaven. Reminded once again of the beauty God has placed in nature to draw our eyes toward Him, I pulled the warm quilt around me and sat down before the crackling fire to enjoy a book of poetry. I found this treasure tucked into the corner of my day:


Spring Rain
The storm came up so very quick.
It couldn't have been quicker.
I should have brought my hat along.
I should have brought my slicker.
My hair is wet, my feet are wet,I couldn't be much wetter.
fell into a river once
But this is even better!

~Marchette Chute

No comments:

Post a Comment