Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Through It All


"I sure hope today is better than yesterday," shared my friend, Pam. "I'm so tired of climbing this mountain and getting almost to the top, then falling right back down. A friend said to get right back up and start over again. That's what I try to do, but sometimes it's very hard. Sometimes it's easier said than done."

"This crazy shower was supposed to be repaired two weeks ago. It's turning into an exhausting project," said my friend, Lynn. "But having nearly died this past summer, it really doesn't seem like such a big deal to me."

"I woke up this morning ready to have the best future ever!" confided Lindsey. "I have some exciting thoughts we should chat about because you know things."

Emotions. Some days we jump up ready to tackle the world. Some days we are overwhelmed before we even get out of bed. I don't know about you, but I'm never sure until my eyes open each day what emotion will greet me.

When I get up early, filled with energy, bubbling over with zest for my life, I have discovered that nobody understands but Jesus, Wellspring of Life, my fascinating Joyride. When pat answers sound empty and platitudes annoy, I have discovered that nobody understands my disappointments like Jesus, Man of Sorrows, so acquainted with grief.

When I am wandering lost in the foothills and the mountain is too steep to climb, His arms carry me. When I am soaring on wings like eagles enjoying life and my blessings, He is the wind that carries me. Life is hard, but it's also good. It is worth everything to share it with the God who sees me.

No comments:

Post a Comment