Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Watching Life Happen

Spring invites and invokes curious pondering. My basket of research books and journals beside me on the patio are being ignored.  The robins searching for worms when I left on my walk are now building nests. A rabbit is bravely exploring my newly planted grass seeds wondering where the garden patch went this year. Are those zinnia seedlings growing so fast I can catch them at it if I sit and watch?

Living in an atmosphere of children draws me continually to nature.  Why is it called a robin?  Did you really find a snake skin?  Will you blow dandelions with me?  Can we plant something?  Did you know this is the biggest flower in the garden? Come, look at this spider I found!

Hot lazy summer days all too soon push spring behind us. I am allowed this moment to view the Creator as He brings to life a new season of bold color and passionate wonder.  Am I growing like a weed, Father?  Do you see new fruit ready to blossom in my life? Am I like a tree planted near the water?

Meditating on Him quite readily invites and invokes prayer, changing not only my day, but changing my life. And it is a fine day in spring when I pause long enough to watch it happen.

"No learning can make up for the failure to pray.  No earnestness, no diligence, no study, no gifts will supply its lack. ~E.M. Bounds

No comments:

Post a Comment