Thursday, May 24, 2012

Steadfast Light

Father,

Mighty in power. Tender in mercy. 

You are my Strong Tower. You are the Giver of my life and strength.

My yoke is easy and my burden is light. Come away with Me. I will sing over you and quiet you with My love. 

Today is hard, Father. The pain is deep. It's distracting. Today there is good, but it's hard to notice. My joy is slipping away. Help me hold on to it. Show me Your ways. Teach me to stand firm, to be strong when it's hard.

Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. Tune your heart to sing My praise. 

You are my Shield in weakness. My Comforter in disappointment. My Joyride in trouble.Would you make my life song sing today? In my weakness, will You be strong? I want to be filled with praises and to have a thankful heart.

From glory to glory I am changing you. What I am now doing you do not know, but My promises are true every morning. I am the God who sees even in the dark. There is always enough light for the step you're on. Keep walking by faith.


This little light of mine. You're gonna make it shine, right?

I made the sun shine.


1 comment:

  1. Although you wrote this months ago it is timely for me today. I hope you are well, Karen.

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete