Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The God of Peace

A rainbow greeted me on my walk early this morning, Father, and I thank you for it. The soft rains falling on my yard will cause greener grass. Vegetable and flower gardens will be revived and renewed. The hot humid air that was so staggering in the Midwest this summer has given way to a cool breeze that promises a refreshing of minds and bodies. Joy bubbles out of me and peace reigns in my heart.

But in other yards there is no green grass and in other gardens there is no fruit on the vines. Somewhere on this planet live children who have never seen a rainbow streak across their sky, never danced in the rain.

You are the God who sees. You are the God who is able to cause joy, to provide abiding peace in a dry and weary land. Such power and mercy is too marvelous for me. Your ways so far beyond my understanding! Grace like rain falls down on Your people whatever our circumstances and wherever we are on earth. Send a renewal of joy and peace to Your people, Father, a newness of life and an abundance of rich healthy spiritual fruit. You alone are the God who is able.

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. The beasts of the field will glorify Me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I have given waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert to give drink to My chosen people. The people whom I formed for Myself will declare My praise." ~Isaiah 43:18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment