Monday, August 15, 2011

Soaking up the Sunbeams

I took a break from blogging to seek peace, to pursue God's specific goals for my life. Time spent in shady green pastures soaking up the sunbeams and drinking in the Words of the Good Shepherd have refreshed me indeed.

Sometimes, when we least expect it, the Father of every good and perfect gift surprises us with an overflowing of joy, a deepening of peace and an increase of faith and love that steals our very breath away in its glory and power. While I have rested, He has been working in me, for me and through me. He takes the small offer of myself and creates amazing and beautiful things for me to behold.

I called to Him and He answered me and told me wondrous things that I did not know. (Jeremiah 33:3, God's cell phone number)

God is able to do abundantly more than all we ask or imagine that He can do. He wants our questions, our ponderings, our doubts and concerns. It is from our faith the size of a mustard seed, smidgens of love and handfuls of hope that He does His best work. Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I've proved Him o'er and o'er.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in Thee." ~Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment