Monday, January 14, 2013

Which Way to the Stairs?

Photo by Elyce Feliz
(flickr.com)
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase,"  I quoted Martin Luther King, Jr. in my post, "Under Construction"

But, we are not all on the same staircase, are we?  

Do you know who you want to be? Do you know where you want to go? 

Maisy, age one, runs for the pure joy of running. It's new. It's fun. It's exciting.

"Run with me!" I encouraged the older children. 

"I'm on a break," answered the 5 year old. 

"Why?" asked the 8 year old. 

"How far do we have to go?" asked the 10 year old.

Justin, a teenage boy down the street, started trotting along beside me.  "How far are you going? Is there anywhere to go or do we have to run around in circles and stay in the neighborhood?" 

Are you running around in circles in your life?  You can stop. We lose our way. We check the map. We start fresh.  

"Before I learned to answer You, I wandered all over the place.  But, now I'm in step with your Word."  (Psalm 119:67, MSG)

"Can you do 3 miles, Justin?" I asked.

"I think so," he nodded. "I want to try."

"Then let's head out into the world and do what we can do." 

Pick up your Bible. Find the staircase. Take the first step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment