Sunday, February 6, 2011

The God of Strength


Father, I love You.

You are my Strength and my Song. My hope is in You. You are the Rock that I stand on and the Stronghold around me. You are my Deliverer and in You will I trust.

Though the storms of life overwhelm me and the cords of death entangle me I will trust You. Though the darkness surround me and the waves of doubt toss me, I will fight for You. In sorrow and in suffering, I will seek You for counsel and comfort for You are my glory and the lifter of my head.

You have given me clean hands and a new life. You renew me day by day. Your love is my portion and my blessing. I am not worthy of Your attention and yet You have sacrificed for my salvation.

Your ways are perfect and Your Word is flawless. You have given everything I need for life and godliness. You shield me because I take refuge in Your love and mercy.

When I sleep You sing over me with love and goodness. When I awake You give life to my spirit and strength to my body. There is no one like You and You are worthy of my praise. Teach me Your ways, Oh, God, that I might please You in life and in death. Use my days to enrich the lives of others and show them the way to You.

Holy is Your Name and Your Word endures forever! Let Your Name be held high in every nation; Your kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment