Friday, February 11, 2011

The God of Mercy

Father,

My heart is not proud this morning. My eyes are not haughty. I do not concern myself today with great matters or things too wonderful for me. I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. Teach me Your ways. Teach me Your vision for my heart. My sins are many, Father. I am not worthy, but my hope is in You.

A bruised reed I will not crush. A smoldering wick I will not put out. A broken and contrite heart I will not despise. In mercy I will lead you.

My heart trusts in You and I am helped. You make my heart leap for joy and rest in peace. All that I am is Yours to transform. Fit me to the image of Your own.

Learn from Me. Listen carefully to Me. For a brief moment I turned from you, but with great compassion I will gather you in My arms as a hen gathers her chicks. In an outburst of anger toward your sins I hid My face from you for a moment; but with everlasting lovingkindness I will have compassion on you.

You are the God who sees me. You are the God who is merciful. Your promises are true. You are mighty to save and loving toward all You have made.

The mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but My lovingkindness will not be removed from you. My convenant of peace will not be shaken. All your sons and daughters will be taught of Me and the well-being of your sons and daughters will be great. In righteousness you are established. You will be far from oppression for you will not fear.

I will go out with joy and be led forth with peace.

And when I come again I will receive you unto Myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment