Friday, January 21, 2011

The God Who Upholds

The road into today looks long, Father. I want to be Home. No more sorrow, pain, sickness or death. No more grief or shame. No guilt.

No brokenness. No more battles to fight?

Yes. I'm too tired to keep fighting.

Come. Let us go away to a quiet place.

You know I can't. I have work to do, a race that must be run.

My work to do. Remember Paul.

II Timothy? We read that this morning.

I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.

I promise to keep the faith. I trust You. Help me to finish strong.

I am with you even to the end of the age. You can do all things through Me. I will strengthen you. I will uphold you with my right arm.

There's not much for You to work with today.

In your weakness I am made strong. My grace is sufficient for you.

Come with me. Carry me a few steps further, Sovereign God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

You are the apple of My eye, My beloved disciple. Surprises and blessings will unfold before you. Walk by faith not by sight.

I want to be Your hands and feet in a broken world, but I'm not very adept.

I am the God who is able to do more than you ask or imagine. My peace is with you. Come. Follow Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment