Friday, January 14, 2011

The God who Listens

Father.

I am Immanuel, the God who is with you.

I look behind me and You are there, then up ahead and You are there, too. Your reassuring presence is with me whether I am going or coming. If I went to the depths of the sea, You would be there. If I traveled the width of the Milky Way, still You would be there.

This is too much, too wonderful. I can't take it all in.

I am the God who is able.

I'm an open book to you. You know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back. I'm never out of your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start my first sentence. You are the God who is there, the God who listens.

When You slip from my mind I feel as if I have hurt You, deserted You. It feels like I have lost something precious in my journey. Walk with me. Talk with me. Hold my hand all the way, every hour, every day from here to the Great Unknown.

I love you from everlasting to everlasting.

I love You, too.

Come. Let us walk further still.

No comments:

Post a Comment