Monday, January 10, 2011

The Seedling

The sun is shining on me. I am like a seed sprouting after the long, cold winter.

How blessed I am because my growth does not depend on the advice of the wicked. I am not a lone reed broken in the midst of those who trample ruins. I am not a neglected seedling, threatened by those who would pluck me from safety and cast me away.

No, I delight in the words of the Great Gardener!
Like a young plant digs deep into the soil for nourishment, I sink my roots deep into the rich, fertile soil of His Word. Like a young plant reaching toward the sunlight I bask in His warmth and compassion.

I will be like a tree planted by the streams of water.
I will yield strong abundant fruit in each of my seasons.
In whatever I do I will blossom with rich, lush color.

My leaves will not wither and grow dull from lack of attention. I will not shrink from my Gardener or cause Him disappointment and regret. He knows my needs and tenderly cares for me all my days.

He is the Vine and I am the branch.
I am not only connected to Him, but part of Him.

The wicked are not so. They may appear to flourish, but they are rotting from the inside out. They will wither like lifeless plants the wind blows away. They who blight the glory of the garden will perish.

The Great Gardener will complete His garden and cause me to bud, blossom and bear fruit. He created me. He sees me. He will complete His garden around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment