Wednesday, September 29, 2010

G'night, Father

The stars sparkle like diamonds displayed on black velvet. Familiar constellations reassure me. Yet there are more stars in the sky than I could ever appreciate. Your ways are too wonderful for me. Your love is too wide and too high and too deep for me to fathom. Holy, holy, holy is Your Name.

And, yet, here You are...*smile...with me, in me, around me. It is in You that I live and move and have my being. I love how You love me. I love how You understand me. I love how You watch over me. I love how You are able to use me in spite of my weaknesses and sins. I'm trying so hard, but it's never going to be enough. That never bothers You and it amazes me!

When You asked me to come outside tonight to star gaze with You, I almost didn't come. I'm glad I did, though. I like being reminded of Your glory and majesty. You needed me to know that while I'm sleeping, You'll still be awake. You are the God who sees and the God who is able to keep that which I've committed to You. You see everything that pertains to me, that is important to me, and You hold it together in Your hands, working it all for my good. You are worthy of my trust, aren't You, Father?

You are the Author and the Finisher of my faith and Your grace is sufficient unto the needs of this day. Only You can see the future so I will leave it in Your hands. You give Your beloved sleep and I am grateful....G'night, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment