Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Ready Heart

I want a simple, childlike faith, Father, one that never wavers though circumstances and people disappoint and confuse me. There is so much I need to learn, so far for me to follow You until my faith is perfected. You are the author and finisher of my faith. Teach me to trust that You are pleased with Your work. You are able to do what say You can do.

Frustrated and weary I can nearly break under the stress of service for there is always something that needs to be done in the grown-up world. I want to be tuned to Your voice as a child must be tuned to listen to a parent for guidance, protection, understanding and security.

You are my stronghold and I don't need to be wary of lurking enemies. I can be brave for You hold my days in Your hands. I can keep a strong and steady pace because Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light.

My heart is open and ready to receive the changes that come through pastures-sweet and through fire-walks. You are gentle and humble in heart and You will not leave me. Your promises are true every morning and You are faithful.

You are my Rock and my Stronghold. Though I tremble and fall, the Rock I stand on never moves. Like a child, I stand fearless because my faith is in Your Potter's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment