Monday, August 2, 2010

Walk By Faith, Not by Sight

Lord, when my soul is weary and my heart is tired and sore,
And I have that failing feeling that I can't take it any more;
Then let me know the freshening found in simple childlike prayer,
When the kneeling soul knows surely that a listening Lord is there.
~Ruth Bell Graham

This morning you leave for a journey that takes you far away from me. No longer will you be able to pick up the phone and send a text or give me a quick call. No longer will you sit at my table for meals or nap on the sofa, exhausted from homework. Today you will land on foreign soil and begin to live your dream.

To be a spiritual mother is to know what it is like to have your very heart walking around outside of your body. To be a spiritual mother is to bear the burden of your broken past with you and to share the overflowing of joy that comes when you are healed strong and ready to fly on wings like eagles. To be a spiritual mother is to stand the gap with prayer, to write the words of encouragement before you need them and to watch over from afar with a faith that can move mountains when your faith wavers.

You have come so far from that young girl I first met and yet there are so many miles yet for you to travel. Walking by faith and not sight takes practice, my darling. You won't always do it right. You won't always feel confident. Life is as full of pit falls, blind corners and rocky ditches as a Missouri road, but you will walk strong and true because you are brave and you know the God who sees and the God who is able.

Strength and courage grow not in absence of fear, but in the presence of God. Keep in step with the Spirit. You can do this big thing that you so wholeheartedly have worked toward all these months. Walk by faith and not by sight, knowing for sure and for certain that Father can see you and Jesus traveled the road before you. Father is able to do more than you ask or imagine that He can do. I can see the top of this mountain you are climbing from where I am and you're doing just fine.

"Do not call to mind the former things or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be made aware of it? I will ever make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert to give a drink to my people, the people whom I formed for Myself will declare my praise." ~Isaiah 43:18, 21

Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance." ~2 Thessalonians 3:16

You are loved with an everlasting love....and I am walking alongside praying without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment