Monday, August 23, 2010

Who Am I?

"I am a child of God and I'm not really comfortable with any other name, title, distinction or classification. My value, my worth, my identity, my standing and my future are all defined by that one statement. I am a child of God. That is the one truth that will remain in my heart forever. I have a Father who loves me and it is His love that has transformed my life forever.

I am also, out of that, a Jesus-follower. I consider everything a loss compared with the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus, my Lord. Jesus is my standard by which all things in this life are measured for me.

I am a student of the Bible. The Bible is what tells me about Jesus, this Jesus who not only embodies my life but represents everything that I want to become. This is way more than a book, this Bible of mine. It tells me the very words of my creator, God, His words, His deeds, His wisdom. It's more than a book, it's the very breath that feeds my heart and my mind on a daily basis. It is a wellspring of living water that quenches an eternal life and longing in my soul. It defines what I believe. It dictates how I am to behave. " ~Jon Weece~

(I quote Jon, rather than using my own words, because I love the way he expressed this summary and I know he stands true in word and deed. He's out to change his world and while I don't get to see him nearly as much as I would enjoy, I'm always walking alongside him. ~Karen)

God is real. The Bible is true. Jesus is alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment