Friday, November 19, 2010

Dip Your Bucket


Father, Your heart is a wellspring of abundant life. Complete joy. Restful Peace. Merciful Patience. Altogether lovely. Would You create in me a heart like Yours?

I am working on it.

You are the Author and Finisher of my faith, the God who sees me and the God who is able. Only You are the true God. Holy One of Israel. Ancient of Days. Master of the Universe. You are the God who reigns with thunder in Your footsteps and lightning in Your fists. You are a consuming fire. You are Lord over all the earth. Jehovah-Jireh, the Provider for the people of Your possession, Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End of all things.

I am the God who loves you with an unfailing love.

But I'm a mess. The older I get, the more I see that must be changed. It's a little scary and disheartening.

I am the God who sees you. Do not be afraid.

I know. I trust You. Create in me a clean heart, Oh, God. Renew a right spirit within me. Teach me Your ways, won't You? Soak me with Your words. Change me from the inside out. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Your heart is a wellspring of abundant life. Teach me from Psalms to have a heart like King David's heart, a heart like Yours.

Dip Your bucket and draw forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment