Friday, November 26, 2010

The God Who Comforts

Oh, Father.

Come.

Hearts are breaking. Grieving. Death comes so suddenly sometimes that it takes my breath away. It leaves a gaping hole that burns.

My heart breaks first when sad things happen.

You could have stopped death from happening, but You didn't. I don't understand Your ways. They can bring disappointment, stir up anger and confusion.

I am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me never dies.

You are the forever God. You allow what You hate to accomplish what You love. You create something out of nothing.

Every good and perfect gift comes from Me.

You give and take away. From everlasting to everlasting You are the God who reigns, the God who sees, the God who provides.

The God who comforts...The God who loves. The God who is faithful.

My God who is there and is not silent.

I Am the God who gives a song in the night. I will put a new song in your mouth, a song of praise to Me. Many will see, and fear and will trust in Me.

Heavenly peace, divinest comfort. That's where my heart can dwell during sorrow. That's where my heart can trust. That's where my soul can rest and find hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment