Monday, November 1, 2010

The Cart and the Horse


When we put work before worship, we put the cart before the horse. The cart is important. So is the horse. But the horse must come first or we end up pulling the cart ourselves." ~Corrie ten Boom
Frustrated and weary we can nearly break under the pressure of service for there is always something that needs to be done. When we first spend time in Father's presence - when we take time to hear His voice - God provides the horsepower we need to pull the heaviest load. He saddles up grace and invites us to take a ride.

The only requirement for a deeper intimacy with God is showing up with a heart open and ready to receive. Lay aside the work, the noise and fray of life, and turn your whole heart toward worship.

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls." ~Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment