Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Carson's Plan

Will you read books while I rest?" four year old Carson asked me.

"Yes," I assured him.

"Will you cuddle? I mean at the same time."

"Yes. We always do, Carson. Pick some books."

"I was just making sure you knew the plan."

We have cuddled and read books since before he was able to sit up on his own. "I know the plan," I assured him as he snuggled close to me.

"Because you know everything, right?" Serious blue eyes, full of trust, stared up at me.

"No. Just some things. God knows everything."

Carson took hold of my hand to calmly reassure me. "Well, He doesn't cuddle and read books and you do so that should make you feel better."

Knowing when I do something right does indeed make me feel better. More than anything I want to hear Father say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Enter into My eternal rest."

Finding rest with Carson calls for me to know his plan. Could it be that finding rest with God calls for me to know His plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment