Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Lost Sheep

Father,

I don't know where my child is, but You are the God who knows. I can't see if he's hungry, cold or afraid, but You are the God who sees. I won't know when he cries himself to sleep or shakes from despair and loneliness, but You are the God who is able. Does he need for anything? Is he safe? You are Jehovah-Jireh, the God who provides.

Nothing is impossible for You, Father, but sometimes this is impossible for me. The pain of loss rips too deeply. Losing a child is too much to bear. Time does not heal all wounds.

I Am the God who cares. Remember the parable of the lost sheep.

The shepherd left the 99 in the fold to go search for the lost sheep, to bring him home. You are the God who searches for the lost sheep.

I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and My sheep know Me. They hear My voice.

You were willing to lay down Your life for the sheep.

For every lost sheep. For every lost child.

Tonight I pray for every parent of a lost child. Give us faith to be strong. Give us hope while we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment