Friday, November 12, 2010

And Then My Nana Prayed

"Nana, what was your hardest thing ever?"

"I wanted to be a mother with a family full of children who love God."

My spiritual daughter laughed. In her eyes, my life bursts at the seams with the joy of children and mothering.

"No, I mean really, Nana."

So I explained about that day when my life was shattered and hope was gone. When reality washed over me and I knew the world is not a fairy tale, that little girl dreams don't always come true the way you had planned. My innocence and endless optimism were crushed, and I knew I would never be the same again.

She glanced over at her beautiful and healthy children and tears filled her eyes.
"So what did you do then?"

I smiled. "And then Nana prayed."

She smiled tenderly, sipped tepid tea from her china cup and said softly, "And then my Nana prayed."

"Though my weary steps may falter and my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me, Lo! A spring of joy I see!" ~Fanny Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment