Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Learning to Believe

Journal Entry: October, 2009, 6:45 am

Dear Father,


My heart is breaking for my new spiritual daughter. I don't know what else to tell her. She's such a new gift to me that I can't yet know all of the things You know about her. I don't know what verse I can share or what lesson I have learned that will break through her misery. She's searching for You so hard....her whole little life so far.

She's not finding You in the way that she seems to need to find You so that she knows for sure You are the God who sees her, loves her, forgives her and wants her and knows her.

Break through her walls of doubts and fear. Perfect her in Your love through my love for the sake of her love. The tears keep coming this morning, Father, and You know it's because she's been hurt so deeply by her aloneness. There's something she's not telling me yet or that I'm not yet understanding, but You know what is holding her back from a fullness of assurance in Your love.

I don't know what the future holds. I don't care how long we have to fight for her. We just will. Perfect love casts out fear. Help me to love her more perfectly so that she can find the way to Your love through my love. Teach me how to love her so I don't screw up what You're trying to teach her. Don't let me be afraid to love her with my whole heart. Make me perfect in my love even as You are perfect in Your love. Create in her a believing heart, a knowing heart, a broken and contrite heart, a heart overflowing with joy amidst pain.

Bummer, Father. We are so seriously late for class!

~Karen

Email to me, sent from same daughter, October, 2010, 1:06 am

"God is love...There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

I have decided to believe Him.

~Never underestimate the power of praying for your spiritual daughters and simply walking alongside and loving them to the Father who waits for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment