Thursday, October 28, 2010

Teach Me to See

Father,

You are the God who sees. You walk alongside to surround me with protection, guidance, blessing and correction.

Help me to be the disciple who sees. I want to truly see others the way You see them, the way You see me.

Help me to see beyond ugliness of character and appearance, beyond wrong attitudes and habits, beyond angry responses and rejection, beyond crippling fears and pain.

If I am Your hands and feet, make me also Your eyes and ears. I want to be a woman after Your own heart, a breath of fresh air in this generation.

Teach me to see people with love and discernment: their hurts, their desires, their longings, their needs, their joys and their challenges. Prod me on to love and good works so I will offer whatever help and encouragement I have to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment