Sunday, October 10, 2010

Liam, God and Me

Photo by Sharon Lownote
 (flickr.com)
Liam is not quite three years old.

His first slow climb up the "tall tall big big really tall slide" takes every ounce of his courage. He keeps a tight grasp on his mother's hand as he carefully steps up the ladder.

He must hold my hand before he dares to slide down. Each turn down the slide brings greater courage and adventure. No matter how tightly he grips my hand for reassurance and support, he is thrilled to be doing it "all by himself".

Liam laughs hard when we see older children shimmy hand over hand, legs swinging, across the monkey bars. They laugh and jump and run. Kerri lifts Liam high onto the bars. As he struggles to shimmy hand over hand, legs swinging, his eyes are wide awake to the wonder of this incredible moment. What looked impossible is possible!

Safe in her grasp, his little arms trembling from the endurance, he focuses determined eyes on my face. His grin widens and his eyes shine as he whispers, "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" He jumps into my arms for a tight hug. He has accomplished the impossible all by himself.

A heavenly Father watches me grow and learn with eyes full of love. I focus my determined eyes on Him. "Look at me, Father! I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" I bubble over with joy as I live courage in life adventures. I am learning to be wide awake to the wonder of incredible moments.

I love the word impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment