Sunday, December 19, 2010

Father of Light

Good morning, Father.

Good morning, Child.

As I enter this time of fasting will you help me to stay focused on You? Will you remind me, soothe me and mold me? Teach me to see with Your eyes and love with Your heart. Won't You fit me to Your image?

I will.

Please ready me for the fast physically, emotionally and spiritually. Take every thought captive and renew a right spirit in me. Cleanse me from every sin. Free me from the chains that so easily bind me to the world. Empty me of any selfish desires and vain conceit.

I offer You my life because only You can make something beautiful out of nothing. Fill me up with Your perfect gifts of mercy and grace. Show me Your ways that I might walk in them.

I am the God who is able to do more than you ask or can imagine. I am the God who sees you. Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Light in whom there is no shifting shadows.

Shine on me, Father of Light. Remove all my darkness. Light me up from the inside out, Father. Open up my heart and shine Your love through me.

Let your light so shine before men that they will see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

I love You, Father. Be Thou my vision, O God of my heart.

Come. Let us away.


No comments:

Post a Comment