Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Melody of Grace

Soft jazz soothes my spirit. Intricate melodies wash away the stress as the music seeps into my soul and quiets me. I can crawl under an old quilt by the fire, sip cinnamon tea and simply soak up the music.

Maya Angelou said, "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness." Isn't that lovely? Being mesmerized by music carries me into a different world, a world where life moves at a slower pace and there is time to ponder. Even the word music is pretty, don't you think?

Grace is the music of the spirit. It seeps in to our innermost places, washing away the guilt and quiets the soul. Grace eases away the pain of shame and loss. It carries us to a different world where life moves at a slower pace and there is time to ponder. Even the word grace is pretty, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment