Monday, December 6, 2010

The God Who is There

Good morning, Father.

Good morning, Beloved Disciple.

Is the real me talking to the real You? I don't want some fable I've made up inside my head. I want to know the real You.

If You want to know me, look at Jesus.

That's what I'll do. I'll start over at the beginning and look at the life of Jesus.

Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I have commanded.

I mess that up a lot, though. Jesus lived with eyes wide awake to the needs around Him. He was genuine and authentic, completely real. I want to be like that.

Even though you're messed up.

Yes. Even though I'm messed up.

And dripping with grace.

Yes. And dripping with grace. You are the God who is there and is not silent. Your grace is enough. You are able to do more than all I ask or imagine.

I Am.

The Great I AM...The God of Abram, Isaac and Jacob. The One who was and is and is to come. The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

I love you.

I love You, too, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment