Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jesus, I Come

This mountain You are asking me to climb seems too high, too steep. I don't think I can do it. I don't even want to do it. I am angry that You would ask me to try.

In this world you will have trouble, but I give you My peace that where I am there you may also be.

You want to fit me for heaven. You want to complete me so I am lacking in nothing. You are the Author and Finisher of my faith. I get that. I just think this trial is too much. I'm not ready.

I have your welfare and not your calamity in mind. Trust me. Walk by faith not by sight.

It seems all wrong for me. It takes so much time and focus. It's eating away my heart, my life. That can't be a good thing, can it?

Time is in My hands. A thousand years is but a day.

I'm trying to trust You, but my emotions are in a jumble. When I am weak You are made strong. But this burden rips my soul. I want to please You. I want to be what You want me to be.

Dig deeper.


I don't know how. There's nothing left in me to give. Whatever climbing this mountain of a trial is going to require, it's not in me.

Rest in Me. I am faithful even when you are faithless. I am the God who is able. Dig deeper.

What are You prompting me to do? What are you trying to teach me? Help me to understand. I'm wandering around in the foothills lost and confused. I'm in a bad place, Father. I am miserable here. Help me to be brave and strong. Teach me to be true.

Come. Let us go from this place. I'm walking alongside. I am the Way. Follow Me.

Out of my shameful failure and loss, Jesus, I come. Jesus, I come.
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross, Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my bondage, sorrow and night, Jesus, I come. Jesus, I come.
Into Thy freedom, gladness, and light, Jesus, I come to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment