Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gingerbread Cookies and Cinnamon Tea


New readers come to my blog every day from foreign lands. I'm embarrassed to admit that about once a week I have to ask my husband for a geography lesson. But, oh, how quickly God can change strangers into friends!

Knowing you are there creates a longing to sit with you and visit over a cup of tea. Your presence challenges me to love more deeply and pray more fervently. Thank you for spending time with me. You have led me out of myself and into the world beyond American soil. You have welcomed me into your home and into your life.

Joy to the world! The Messiah has come! Immanuel, the God who is with us, is able to silence our differences of opinion, language and tradition. He is the God who reigns over all the earth and unites His people from the North, South, East and West. He is the God who sees us and the God who loves us, the God who is there and is not silent. Let us sing together one and all in joyous song!

Welcome to my life, dear readers. Step into my home and my heart for you have brought much blessing and honor to me. Come sit at my table and share with me - warm gingerbread cookies and cinnamon tea.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you now and forever and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment