Thursday, December 2, 2010

Promises

You are my eternal portion, my Father of Light. You are my Prince of Peace and my stronghold, my help in times of trouble, my Joy and the Crown of my life.

You alone are God of the Ages, God before man and God before time.

I have promised to obey Your words because You are faithful to all Your promises and loving toward all You have made.

I am a bruised reed, yet You will not allow me to break.
I am a smoldering wick, yet You will not allow me to be snuffed out.

In all my ways I will acknowledge You so that You will direct my paths. I will hope in You and not lean on my own understanding and ways.

Change me from the inside out, Father. Mend my brokenheart and make me whole again. Fill me with hope and encourage me with Your mercy. Live in me and through me and with me and all around me. You are the Author and Finisher of my faith.

Trust in Me. I will do it.

Father, in You I live and move and have my being. I don't understand it, but I love it, Father. I will hold my peace because You are able to fight for me. You are able to do more than all I ask or even imagine in my life. I trust in You and I will not be afraid. I will keep walking by faith and not sight.

Nothing shall separate you from me...not death, nor life, nor angels...not things present nor things to come, nor powers or heights or depths or any other created thing shall be able to separate you from my love. That's why I sent Jesus. That's why I made you my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment